Search This Blog

Saturday, November 16, 2013

DIY Tissue Paper Stained Glass Turkeys (Kids Craft)

DIY Tissue Paper Stained Glass Turkeys (Kids Craft)


http://www.happyclippings.com/2013/11/diy-tissue-paper-stained-glass-turkeys-kids-craft.html

The materials we used to make our Stained Glass Turkeys were
brown cardstock paper,
red cardstock paper,
yellow cardstock paper,
colored tissue papers (fall colors such as red, orange and yellow),
clear contact paper,
googly/wiggle eyes,
scissors,
glue,
pencil and
turkey templates.


I cut the fall colored tissue paper into several pieces. I also cut out turkey templates – the turkey and tail feathers outline. You could make your own template or use mine. Download my Turkey Template HERE.
TIP: The tissue paper pieces, the templates, the tail feathers outlines, turkey bodies, beaks and wattles were cut before I made this with my kids. My kids only had to decorate the turkeys.
To make the tail feathers outline, I folded my brown cardstock paper in half. The paper I used was a 12×12. You could use a 8.5×11. I placed the template on the folded paper. The dotted lines of the template go on the fold.

I traced the template onto the paper. I cut out the pattern. I then cut into this pattern piece to create the outline. You could make the outline as thick or thin as you like. ... I unfolded the paper.

I then placed the tail feathers outline on the sticky side of a piece of contact paper. My kids decorated their turkeys by placing pieces of tissue paper within the turkey feathers outline.

I placed another piece of contact paper (sticky side down) on top of the finished turkey. I smoothed it out.
I turned it over so I could see the outline.

I cut the excess contact paper.

My kids glued the turkey’s body in the middle of the feathers.

They then glued the googly eyes, wattle and beak. Our cute turkeys are done.

They look beautiful on our window. Look at the glorious fall colors shining through the tissue paper feathers of the turkey.










*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*


as seen on and copied from facebook 
 
 
http://tinajo.origamiowl.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment